Monday, April 1, 2013

I love his heart

Last night my 3 year old just wanted to cuddle with his momma. That was fine with me, as I have been so tired lately. I read him a couple of stories and then sang him some old songs that my gran used to sing to me as a kid. I sang this one song about being able to face tomorrow because He lives.....anyone know what it's called? It's a beautiful song.
After I was done singing, he looked at me with tears in his eyes.  

Mommy, I love that so much. Mommy, I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry. Mommy, that's so beautiful.

His tender heart got to me. I often think that at three, my son just doesn't get things about God. We say our prayers, we go to Sunday school, he's a good participant. But I've wondered what he's really getting.

I get why Jesus had such a soft spot for children.

Their hearts are receptive, not hardened by the world yet. They appreciate the simple beauty in a song praising God.

I want to be more like this kid.

Someone come sing to me.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful of a moment that must have been!

By the way, the name of the song is "Because He Lives" and I love it!

Praying for you,

Beth Anne