Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Another reason I adore Ann Voskamp

It's no secret I worry. ESPECIALLY when pregnant.
I pray, I do what I can, but the worry is always close by, ready to pounce at the first sign of danger (germs, toxins, you know, things that make pregnant ladies cringe). 
I'm on hyper alert this pregnancy. Every day, all the time.
I bought a fetal heart doppler. It's wonderful to hear that sweet heartbeat when my mind starts to go to that worry place.

I found this a minute ago on Ann Voskamp's blog.


He commanded it: “Do not be afraid.” Go ahead, let your courage be as big as Christ is. Climb right over your fears. All He’s promised you is just on the other side of fear. Because really?All fear is but the notion that God’s love ends.When does He ever end? And, we’ve only got so much time, so let’s just decide: We’re done with the myth of safety.Do you really want to live or not?  Safety’s just the mirage of the living dead.

 
 So what does this mean for me, right now? How do I climb right over my fears, when there is NO GUARANTEE that this pregnancy will make it? That this is going to be good? 
I don't know exactly. I think it's as simple as saying "God, this is YOUR child. As much as I love this baby already, YOU love them even more! I can't fathom that, but if I don't trust you then what hope is there? You are in control, not me.Germs, toxins, nasty rain water that falls from the tree and hits me right in the mouth, these things do not control the fate of this pregnancy. I can cry, I can freak out, or I can remind myself every day, moment by moment, that YOU'VE GOT THIS. That you are bigger than listeria, or BPA, or toxoplasmosis, or any other horrid thing I keep hearing about. Lord, I am as careful as can be, but I am human and I will mess up. Which is why I am thankful that You pick up where I fall short"

This will be my prayer until I hold this baby in my arms.
 

 

No comments: