In honor of Mother's Day, I will share the twenty things my sweet boy has taught me since I met him on that March day back in 2010. Some are silly, some are sweet, all are true.
20. I CAN be a boy mom. I can play trucks and trains and scrub dirt off little fingers. It comes naturally. I didn't know it would.
19. Boys do not care about tooting (that's what he calls it). My kid will toot any time, anywhere, as loudly as he deems necessary. He's always proud of this.
18. Boys could care less about potty training. I'm a little worried he'll be going off to college and I'll STILL be asking him if he needs to use the big boy potty.
17. A boy's hair is his favorite napkin. Know why it's always so spikey? It's got chocolate pudding in it. Or cottage cheese. Or something.
16. When a boy wakes up at three in the morning, he wants his momma. No one else will do.
15. Do not sweat the tantrums. There are too many to sweat. If people are staring, look the other way. It's all you can do sometimes.
14. From ages one to probably....fifteen, there will be toys on the floor. In every room. When you pick them up, they will come right back out.
13.There will always be some type of food ground into your formerly fancy couch. It won't ever come out. Next time, buy leather.
12. When you take your kid to Publix, get him the cookie. It makes things easier for three minutes or so.
11. When your son asks you where babies come from, tell him to ask his dad. He'll forget to and that will be that.
10. When you have a three year old, you will know all the words to the theme songs to every Disney Junior show. Doc McStuffins is my favorite, by the way.
9. A boy wants to be just like his daddy. Always.
8. If you're going to eat chocolate, hide. Otherwise you will have to share.
7.Boys like to jump off things. This raises their momma's blood pressure considerably.
6. Boys teach patience. Mine did before he was even born. Took forever to have him in my belly, took forever to birth him, and I am forever waiting on him. I am thankful to this kid for teaching me to wait for the best.
5. When your son is so excited about seeing the new baby on the sonogram, your heart will melt in a big puddle on the floor.
4. Birthday parties are a BIG DEAL. Celebrate as big as you can, every year. Because it goes too fast.
3. They don't stay little long. One minute he was a tiny thing just staring at me with those huge blue eyes, the next, he was telling me he wanted a sleepover at Grandma's house and "Mom, you can't come".
2. You are always being watched. No more bad words, no more foolishness. He sees all.
1. Your heart will grow bigger and fuller than you ever thought it could.
Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:
Post a Comment