Wow, the lessons I am learning on fear just keep coming. I prayed that God would help me to trust him more, to overcome worry and fear, and to be able to help others through my journey. The blessings just keep coming. They were always there, I just couldn't see them through my worries before.
A certain verse on fear has confused me since I stumbled upon it a couple of years ago. 1 John 4:18: There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. I didn't fully understand this verse for the longest time. But I get it now. The opposite of fear, at least for a believer in Christ, is love. It seems too easy. But it's true. Love involves sacrifice. Getting over our fears in order to truly love one another. I don't know why it's taken me so long to understand this.
Now, when I feel that nasty worry trying to get to me, trying to ruin yet another day, I remind myself that I have been perfected in love through Christ. That worry on my end is just a waste of time, and the only thing I need to fear is God. And the wonderful thing about fearing God is it's the one fear that causes me to run TO him, not from him.
So thankful for this new perspective on the issue I struggle with the most. God is good.
2 comments:
Beautifully said!
My precious angel - for that is what you are - your name means
ANGELIC MESSANGER - just remember your are a chosen princess of the King!
Post a Comment