Monday, April 16, 2012

A Wonderful Gift

I received a package on Friday afternoon. Not expecting anything, I figured it was probably for Ben. But Ben said he wasn't expecting anything either, so I opened it curiously. What I found was this:
A beautiful bible with Savannah's name on it. Oh, I cried. And I knew immediately who it was from. My beautiful friend Elisabeth. I call her my miscarriage friend. That probably doesn't sound like a great title for a friend, but she is someone going through this difficult journey along side me. Both of our due dates are fast approaching. Both of us are navigating new waters and cultivating new strength because of it. 
She was going to have a little girl too. Hope Caroline. And she miscarried too. Right after I did. And I feel like we are forever connected because of these sad occurrences. My heart is blessed knowing that there's someone out there going through this with me, someone I can pray for with whole-hearted understanding. My heart has healed a lot, and I know Lis is getting there too. We can have joy in what God has blessed us with while not forgetting what was lost. In the box with the bible was a note, saying that she wanted me to have something to hold on to, knowing that my Heavenly Father is holding me. She knew what I needed, even if I didn't realize it myself. I keep that little bible in my purse, and it comforts me so. 
I don't think I can ever really express how thankful I am to have someone praying for me on a daily basis. Someone that I know exactly how to pray for as well.  My friend Lis is quickly becoming one of my favorite blessings.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is precious! Praying for your family as the next month approaches. Love to you!

luciesjoy.blogpost.ie said...

Brilliant!