So much on my heart right now. So much I am learning. I love how God places the right people, the right books, the right words in my path when I need encouragement the most. I am learning that the most challenging times turn out to be the most beautiful times in retrospect. Because I cry out to God the most when I see him as the only real hope. I see myself as weak. My savior sees it as an opportunity to show me his strength. And I love that.
The biggest obstacle in my life is fear. Fear holds me back. It keeps me from reaching out to others, because what if I am not enough? What if I say the wrong thing? But I am learning that sometimes you just have to try, and God will pick up where you left off. My neighbors are going through a hard time. I hardly know them, have only exchanged pleasantries a handful of times. But I wanted to show them that I am praying for them. Wanted them to know that I am sorry for their heartache. So I bought flowers and brought them over. I said that I was so sorry for their difficulties and that I wanted them to know that they were on my heart. They looked a little stunned, but thankful nonetheless. Sometimes you just need to know that you're being thought of.
I just finished reading the most precious book. I greatly recommend Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent. What an encouraging read. Through it I was reminded of just how much God appreciates child-like faith. Faith that truly believes in miracles. In blessings. I have become a cynic. I so often think that sure, other people will be blessed. I see it all the time. God does wonderful things. But why should he do them for me? Who am I? But the truth is, I am his child. As much as anyone else. And he blesses me more than I can even fathom. And this sweet little book reminded me of that.
So much more on my heart, so much more I am learning on a daily basis. I am so thankful for this season I am in. It is challenging to say the least, but I feel so incredibly blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment