Friday, January 27, 2012

A New Way

My prayer focus for the month of January has been to put aside my wants and desires and focus more on the relationship I have with my creator. This is an entirely new way of praying for me, but it's so much more rewarding. I have been praying every day that God will cultivate my heart, my desires, my prayer life, into what glorifies him. I pray that he will show me his love, show me his glory, let me know that he is real and that I can count on him. He is so faithful, because I have seen his glory in countless ways since my prayers have changed. 
Some examples include:
-Beautiful, magazine worthy sunsets. I am someone that loves nature because it helps me feel closer to God. It reminds me of who made everything. It's easy to forget when most of the day is spent indoors. 
-Answered prayers for loved ones. This makes me happy. 
-Encouragement from friends, both old and new. I have been talking with some women who have recently had painful miscarriages, and God is healing my heart through allowing me to reach out to others. I am thankful for these friendships. 
-Wonderful neighbors! We have been blessed with a sweet family that lives across the street. We've become instant friends! 
-Money to pay the bills each week. Goodness, this is something to be thankful for. So thankful that our God provides!
-My husband. I love him. 
-My son. He's been coming up to me every day, hugging me, and saying "Oh Momma. I your baby". Yes sweetheart, you sure are :)

So thankful for the million little ways my creator shows me he cares :-)

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Mrs said...

<3 <3 <3 Great focus and reminder!