Ben's been on a business trip to West Virginia for three days. This is a first for us, but it probably won't be the last. As the company he works for expands, so does their client list. It's been an eye-opening experience for me! Here are a few things I have learned:
1. I miss him! A lot! I didn't realize how comfortable I had gotten with Ben being home every night. I feel so much safer when he is home. The first night he was gone I didn't sleep a bit because I kept hearing strange noises. Which turned out to be wind outside. He really does a good job at making his family feel safe.
2. My son really, really loves his father. He keeps asking me why daddy is STILL at work. Why he can't just get in his truck and come home. Yesterday my sweet boy went to the front door, knocked on it, got all excited, and said "Daddy's home! Open the door, Momma!". That broke my heart a little. We called Ben, but of course that's not the same to a little guy that just wants his daddy.
3. Parenting is so much better when there are two parents around! My little guy has been battling a yucky ear infection, and he wants his daddy to comfort him and not just his momma. I give him lots of hugs and kisses and just play with him all day. Yesterday we colored, played in his Elmo tent, made Valentine's, and watched Winnie the Pooh. Boy am I thankful for antibiotics though. Ear infections are just no good.
I am very thankful for my husband and best friend. I can't wait to have him home today!
3 comments:
I'm thinking of you and missing you!!
Hey, Sweet Friend! Thinking of you today . . . praying the Lord blesses you with many smiles. =) Hugs!
Mrs, what a wonderful prayer! I welcome smiles :)
Post a Comment