“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious-the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse… Philippians 4:6-8 MSG
My gifts, continued:
1444. The passage I stumbled upon this afternoon. What a timely reminder to put my mind at ease.
1445. For friends, new and old. So excited to host a cookie exchange with my little group tomorrow.
1446. For too many tasks to accomplish in one day.
1447. For being interrupted with my cleaning or cooking by a sweet boy that just wants "A book, Momma. Read book again". I am happy to.
1448. For my sweet close to two-years old little guy, who still likes to snuggle with his momma more than anything.
1449. For vowing to not get caught up in the consumerism of this season.
1450. For finally getting the bill from my surgery. Thankful that it wasn't as costly as they had estimated. God is good.
1451. For seeing the joy on our friend's face as he shared with us his engagement story. Oh, we are so happy for him (and her, too!).
1452. For honest conversations with my husband. For not being the same person. For disagreeing on things, but all the while loving one another just the same. Thankful that we are not in this marriage alone, that we have a God that wants us to make marriage work. I don't know how people go through marriage alone. I sure couldn't.
1453. For a loved one that got a job and is thankful, even though it doesn't make much.
1454. For answered prayers, big and small.
1455. For remembering to stop and pray when I feel sad, or overwhelmed, or unsure of myself. Wondering why I haven't been doing this all along.
1456. For the joy of buying Christmas gifts for my son, my niece, and my nephews. There's nothing that warms my heart like children.
1457. For white teeth thanks to my trip to the dentist last week. Praying that they stay that way.
1458. For letting go, for forgiveness, for grace, for second chances, for hope.
1459. For not having the answers. If I did, what would I need my God for? Thankful that I can rely on Him first and foremost.
These gifts continue. I have a notebook filled from cover to cover of the big and little blessings I notice each day. I pray you will be able to see your gifts all around. Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
Thankful for this needed reminder to be thankful.
It's clear this thing called thankfulness is not just a passing fad in your life; it's become a way of life for you. I need this, too!
Yes, Ang. When I read your blog it's like a reminder on how I should be viewing life. Maybe if I could see life from your eyes, I would be in a much happier place!
Post a Comment