I asked to see the good, and boy, am I seeing the good. Last week (the day after I got the news) my sweet friend Leetra left a package on my doorstep. When I got home from the doctor I found a basket with a sweet card, truffles, and hot chocolate mix. I was surprised and touched.
Today, I got a text from another dear friend, Sarah. She told me to look out on my doorstep. I found a package with pumpkin muffins, two books I have been wanting to read, a sweet note, and pictures colored for me from her daughters. I cried.
When L and I got home yesterday evening (we made an impromptu trip to Orlando) Ben sat down and just talked with me. Really talked. Not about the weather, not about silly stuff. But about his heart. And how he's doing. And how we're doing. And what he's wondering about. And that's such a beautiful gift for him to give to me.
We're going to be okay. No, more than okay. Ben and I are going to be great. We are more than conquerors. We're stronger, tougher, and ready to help others going through what we've been through. My heart is healing, moment by moment. I honestly wouldn't be this strong without you. You who have prayed for us and continue to do so. Thank you. Thank you for your encouragement. I don't deserve such kindness, but thank you.
1 comment:
you deserve it all!
Post a Comment