Saturday, September 24, 2011

An Interesting Chat

It is nothing short of amazing, the way God is using people to encourage me. I was chatting with a wonderful woman yesterday. I don't know her well, I met her at a church function. We clicked instantly, and now we talk when we get the chance. I confided in her that some awesome things are happening in my life, and that I get a little scared to think about it all. She asked me right away why I am so scared. I said "Well, the truth is, I don't deserve any of this. Any of these wonderful, indescribable blessings. I am no different than anyone else. I don't know why God is blessing me when I am just not worthy". She said "You're right. You don't deserve it. None of us do. But Jesus loves you. And good and perfect gifts come only from Him. So accept it. Thank Him for it, and stop being so afraid". Wow. When I heard that I cried a little. Because she's right. I don't deserve it. But God freely gives. And He's good. He gives good gifts. I wish I had known this growing up, but I spent my time hiding from Him, maybe a little afraid of Him. I had a very skewed view of what He was to people. But the miracle is, the more I seek Him, the more I honestly try to put Him first, to thank Him in everything, the more He blesses me. And not just in small ways. In life changing, miraculous ways. I am not worthy. But I am oh so thankful.

No comments: