A family member gave me the strangest complement the other day. She said "Angela, you look happy. You look good. Something's different about you". I smiled. She knew me before. She knew me when I was broken, when I didn't realize that life was all about being thankful, for enjoying God's blessings, the big and the small. She knew me as a little girl, so confused, so unsure if anyone loved me. She knew me as a teenager, when I tried to find acceptance in boyfriends and the approval of others. She knew me when I struggled through college, unsure if I had the brains to make it through. She knew me when I struggled to become a mother, unsure if I was worthy of one of life's biggest gifts. And she sees me now. At peace. Happy. Joyful. Thankful. Not worried, but grateful to the one that takes my worry and replaces it with perfect peace. I thanked my loved one for the complement, and I couldn't keep my secret to myself. I said "I'm happy because I know who I am now. I know I am loved, I know I am valuable, and I know I can have peace. I know God's got the perfect plan for me, and I just have to trust Him". She was surprised it was all that simple. But it really is. Things aren't perfect. There are a million things I could worry about every day, but I don't want to waste precious time on such foolishness. My future is looking bright, and I am so excited about it.
Have a blessed day, friends.
5 comments:
I. Love. This.
And I also needed to be reminded of these truths this morning. Love you!!
:)
I hope one day to be at such peace and look at life the same way! :)
Tears and smiles. God is SO good!
He sure is :)
Post a Comment