Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Musings

Just some thoughts:

~Patience is not fun. We thought we'd be moving to the new house a week or so ago, but it's looking like it'll be another ten days or so before we close. But in my quest to be thankful for all, I am seeing the bright side here. I'm still close in proximity to my lovely momma friends, Ben still has a short commute to work each day, and we're still only five minutes away from the beach. Oh, how I treasure those nightly walks in the sand with my boys. This is where the conversation flows, plans are made, and peace is evident.

~I am loving toddlerhood. It is more difficult than infancy in some ways, because L is now very mobile and has a strong will (like his parents :), but I LOVE seeing his little personality shine through each day. He is picking up new words every day, and he loves to play and look at books and eat cheese. He's been having trouble sleeping again, waking up in the middle of the night, so I am sleeping on the couch so I can be ready to console him when needed. I am exhausted, but thankful that when my boy is upset, he wants his momma. 

~ School started back up again today in our county, and I am excited for all of the kiddos starting school this year. Ben and I had a long talk this weekend about homeschooling, and we are 100% in agreement that we will do that when the time comes. However, we will probably do a co-op style so that L gets different teachers and can be around his friends. He's 16 months old, so it's probably silly that I am planning something so far in the future, but if you know me, you know I like to be prepared. 

~I am incredibly excited about fall. I want it to be here already! I see lots of fall parties in the G family's future :)

Have a blessed day, friends!

 

1 comment:

Foxy said...

Sorry the closing is taking so long! :( But once it's done you'll have a place of your own for your family to grow! Praying that Logan starts sleeping better!