Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Right Where I'm At

Bear with me, friends. I am going to talk a little more about the home-buying process, even though that seems to be the topic of the month and you'd think I'd be tired of talking about it already. 
I'm working hard not to worry a little. We have to move very shortly, and for whatever reason, our house has not gone to closing yet. It seems every day there is another loophole, another hundred plus dollars we have to spend that we hadn't planned for, another set back that pushes the move in date later and later. 
I feel it, that desire to panic a little. I think to myself, "Where are you guys going to live?!? Better find a motel and go ahead and get settled". I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a tiny bit apprehensive at this point. 
And yet......I know it will all work out. I pray for peace every day. Panic and worry are the old me. Do I trust completely that God works everything out for good for those that love Him? You bet. Does my family love Him? A whole lot. So really, it's all good. I can still wake up every day praising my heavenly father for a roof over our heads, for peace in the midst of uncertainty, for food, for friends, for life itself. My devotion this morning took me to Isaiah 43:1, which states:
But now, this is what the LORD says—
   he who created you, Jacob,
   he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
   I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 

(TNIV)
 I love it. I'm HIS! And He's telling me not to worry. So I am going to work on that :)
Have a blessed Wednesday, friends.  

1 comment:

insightpriscar said...

God is our provider, he will take care of you, be still and know that He is God, in quetness and trust, wait upon him