My sweet boy woke up at 3 am this morning. 3 am! Which wouldn't have been so tough, except for the fact that since then, he has been oh so awake. It's now 11 something. We watched a lot of Disney cartoons very early this morning.
Want to hear something funny though? I thoroughly thought I would feel absolutely horrible today, due to no sleep and a fussy little one. I prayed that God would give me more energy than normal today, that I could "run and not grow weary" so to speak. I know that God wants my all not just on my good days, but on my not so good ones as well. My devotion this morning took me to Colossians 4:2: Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart (NLT).
Kind of funny, being that my mind was not so alert this morning. But I'm good now. I keep on giving thanks. I'm thankful that when my son can't sleep, he wants his momma to hold him. I'm thankful for coffee to make me a little more bright-eyed. I'm thankful that our plans got canceled today, so I wouldn't have to be anywhere this morning. I'm thankful for cartoons to watch with my son when neither of us are feeling so well. And I'm very thankful that tonight's sleep will be that much better, because I'll need it more. Happy Thursday, friends.
1 comment:
This is such a neat blog! I am glad I found it.
Post a Comment