The G family is in the land between right now. So much has either just changed or is just about to change. Change can be scary, change can be good, change can be so many things. We're about to move. Not exactly sure when, but I know it will be within the next three weeks. It's a huge leap of faith for us, buying a house (hello, closing costs!). But it's the next right step. We can't wait to grow our family in our very own home.
We just got back from a few days in the Florida Keys to visit some of Ben's relatives. Beautiful scenery, beautiful family. A great place for me to gain some new perspective.
I am no longer nursing L. This is bittersweet for me. It was a long weaning process, and I actually got sick a few times, but now my 16 month old only drinks from a sippy cup. I cried once or twice over this. He's not a baby any more, and darn it, it's just going so fast. He continues to amaze me every day.
I am praying that this will be a season of perspective for me. There's so much I don't know. I choose not to fear the unknown any longer though. I have peace that wherever we end up, we know that God will be right there with us. I have it on my heart that I want to home school L when the time comes. I really feel led to do so, but the negativity over this decision has been a lot to take. Many have said that it is not a good choice, that homeschooling is not the best option. When will the day come when others stop telling us how exactly to raise our children? Oh well. This is where I just have to follow my gut and remind myself that God made ME L's mother, not the rest of the world. By the way, all my homeschooling mama friends, how did you deal with the criticism? I would love some tips.
I'm still working on my list, day after day. I am up to 790 things to be thankful for. My heart keeps growing. The biggest surprise is how thankful I am for opportunities. A few months ago I wrote about a time when I felt very let down by someone I care deeply for. I had to be honest, had to confront this person in love. It was one of the most difficult things I have done. Friends, I am proud to say that this individual has come to me with sincere thanks for coming to them in love. They said that while what I said was upsetting at first, I was right to come to them and that they are going to work on things. This is one of the biggest answered prayers I have seen personally. So often I lose faith, I think that certain people can't change because they are too set in their ways. But as my dear friend Joanna says, where there is life, there is hope. My hope is restored.
Have an incredibly blessed day, friends.

1 comment:
You have such a way w/words that is inspiring! As for homeschooling: I would love to homeschool Eryn as well. I've never had negative comments said to me about it, but haven't really shared it too much. All I can say is take those comments w/a grain of salt. Like you said, you are Logan's parent and you make the ultimate decision!
Post a Comment