Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Putting It Into Practice

Life is busy busy busy these days. Since my last post, we put an offer on a house, seriously thought this was the first house we would buy together, and then had our offer rejected the next day. Back to square one, we look at new homes every day. It gets a little redundant after a while. But I'm not worried. Nope. I am practicing what my favorite author Ann Voskamp recommends: Asking for grace, that when stress mounts, I'll dismount it with gratitude". Friends, it works. It really, really works. 
My sweet son is growing in leaps and bounds. He will be 15 months old next week. I am enjoying this new stage, temper tantrums and all. Every day it seems like he is learning something new. He loves to dance, clap his hands, blow kisses, and play in the sand. He loves to read(looking at books and talking and pointing), he loves playing in his kiddie pool, and he loves pretzels. This child brings me SO MUCH JOY! I am continuously amazed at how much he makes me smile. I can't explain it. When I am stressed, I thank God for L, and I feel better right away.
I have had of opportunity to "dismount stress with gratitude" since my last post. I will say that nothing stresses me out quite like health insurance woes. I won't go into it, I don't want to complain, but let's just say I have had ample chances to "let go and let God" with all of this. I'm not afraid though. God is going to turn our health insurance mess into something beautiful. 
I am feeling more at home each day in our new town (is it still new if we've been here almost a year?). I am now an assistant organizer for a large co-op here in town, and I have made four really good friends. What a blessing. We're all different ages yet in similar stages of life. It's so nice to have friends to visit with once a week or so. And all the kids enjoy playing together. 
I am on number 270 in my 1,000 gifts challenge. Today's additions include: Hearing L say "Mama", hearing that someone I have been praying for is now engaged (yay!), fresh fruit, and a comfortable pair of shoes. What are you thankful for today?
Well, that's all for now. I encourage all of you to practice turning stress into gratitude! What a rewarding exercise. Have a blessed Tuesday, everyone. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hm.
I think we need to chat. I feel so behind on your life. ;) Email me about next time your in town? Ty wants to have your family over to his new apartment.