Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day





Dear sweet son, 
Thanks for letting me be your momma every day. I love it, every second of every day. Tomorrow is our second Mother's Day together, and I am just head over heals for you, sweetheart. Sure, sometimes things are challenging, like when you woke up at 2 am this morning and didn't want to go back to sleep. Or when you decide to throw a tantrum in the grocery store and people look at us funny. But hey, that's all just small potatoes. You're the best son a momma could hope for. I prayed for you for so long, sweetheart. I feel like God made me to be your mom. It's what I'm good at, and it's what I love. 
Today at the beach, you didn't cry when your feet touched the water. You splashed around with daddy, and then proceeded to copy his mannerisms as best you could. You saw dogs playing and you squealed with delight. We took you to a restaurant for dinner and all the ladies called you an angel. You got your first pair of big boy shoes today. Toy Story velcro sneakers that light up. You look about twelve years old in them :( You won't be a baby much longer. That makes me sad, but I have to say that I am loving getting to know your personality. You are so funny, and I share a lot of giggles with you every day. Today you finally called me momma for the first time. I squealed in excitement, which made you do the same, which made daddy laugh hysterically. We're a funny bunch, the three of us :). Baby boy, thanks for giving me a reason to celebrate this holiday. It used to bring me sadness, but now I love this special day a lot. You and me, we make a pretty good team. 
Love always, 
Momma

1 comment:

jessie said...

This is so sweet, Ang!

Tell Logan I can't wait to see his spiffy new shoes!