Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Best Mother's Day Ever

I thoroughly enjoyed Mother's Day this year. We stayed in town, because we had just gone to Orlando Friday night for Stephen's graduation and with gas the way it is, we just decided once was enough for that weekend. Anyway, yes, the day was wonderful. I awoke to a big box of chocolates and a card from Ben and L. Inside was a voucher for a new phone! So, yes, I now have an iphone (the old version, which is still too fancy!). 
~We tried out a new church, and I am loving it and can't wait to go back on Sunday. I met the pastor's wife randomly back in January. I had no idea she was the pastor's wife, but she invited me to her church, and for whatever reason we weren't able to try it out until last weekend. But, friends, it's everything we've been looking for. I loved the worship, the fellowship, the nursery, and the fancy mints in the bathrooms :). They have their own homeschool group and are VERY family oriented. I told Ben that I have found what I have been looking for. No worries, he likes it too!
~We went out to lunch after church (Subway, because that's how we roll :). I tried the new orchard chicken sandwich. So good!
~Perhaps my favorite part of the day came when L walked up the aisle at church (Ben went with him) to pick me my Mother's Day flower (all the mommas got them :). He walked back and handed it to me and I just felt like a million bucks :)
~Mother's Day continued yesterday when Ben's mom and grandmother (both of whom I adore :) came for a visit. We went out to dinner and a walk on the beach.
Best Mother's Day Ever! 


Happy Tuesday, friends. Enjoy this beautiful day.
 

3 comments:

jessie said...

Answered prayer! I hope this church will be a place you can call home for your family!

Happy Mother's Day! :)

Raquel said...

I'm so glad you found a church! Happy Mother's Day. (:

Mrs said...

Love this! How wonderful!