Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cheerful Disposition

My favorite verse right now:

"A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired." -- Proverbs 17:22 MSG

Why have I never seen this treasure of a verse before? It's perfect. I found it yesterday and claimed it for myself. So often we imagine the worst case scenario in hopes that if and when bad things happen, we will be prepared. I do this every day. I never realized how physically tired it was making me. My resolution is to stop this way of thinking, and instead to envision the best case scenario, which is any scenario where the Lord is on my side.  I pray you all have a blessed week, friends! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Mrs said...

LOVE and NEEDED this verse! Thank you!

One web site calls it "Stinkin' Thinkin'." We have to get rid of our stinkin' thinkin' and focus on Phil 4 instead! Whatever is true, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is excellent . . . I so needed this reminder.

About Me said...

I realized this while running errands once. All the grumpy people and traffic, I always had these negative thoughts going through my head. But then I realized if I tried to look at the positive and be super friendly even if other people weren't, I felt so much better. They didn't change at all, but just having a different attitude made my day so much better!