I hope no one is tired of my silly thankful lists. Other than pictures and the occasional recap, thankful lists are all I really post on this blog. Honestly, they are more for me than for anyone else. When I worry about things, it is oh so helpful to shift my focus on the good in life. I am constantly making a conscious effort to thank the Lord for His blessings, which, come to think of it, are pretty amazing.
This Sunday night I am so thankful for (in no particular order):
~Ben. He's really, really great. We're not that annoyingly in-love mushy couple, not at all, but I am SO THANKFUL that God placed him in my life so many years ago. When I worry, he hugs me and tells me that things are going to be okay. I LOVE how great of a dad he is to L. Watching the two of them play is just the most beautiful sight. I love how, when we are grocery shopping, he puts my favorite foods in the cart when I say that I don't need them. He says of course I do. I mean, who doesn't need miniature cinnamon buns? There are a million other little things he does for me, and I am just so thankful.
~How awesome my kid is. I just can't believe how wonderful he is. I won't gush, I'll just leave it at that.
~My bible. I know, it sounds silly. I have never not had one, but now I am actually using it. When I worry, I make a point to dive in to verses on fear, and God's love, and anything on why I do not need to worry. I read these verses every day.
~Food. I know, I mentioned that earlier. But really, it's just such a blessing to get to eat healthy food every day. I don't take it for granted. I bit into a juicy tomato earlier, and it was just awesomely good.
~This is my FAVORITE time of year. It's the first time I have my sweet L to share the holidays with, and I am just rejoicing every day that we get to do all of the fun Christmasy things together as a family for the first time.
Well, I could go on, but like I said, this was really just a way for me to get my thoughts out.
Have a beautiful, blessed week!
1 comment:
Don't apologize for making it a practice to thank God for His amazing blessings! It's something we all need to be doing. :)
Post a Comment