Sunday, September 12, 2010

Smoothie

Well friends, I've decided to do it. Start preparing healthy meals, that is. There's just no reason not to. Frozen dinners can only help you so much. I've decided I want to start feeding my family fresh food as much as I can.
My first experiment this morning was a smoothie. Seriously, what could be healthier for breakfast than something that's made up of fruits, veggies, protein, and sweet goodness? I concocted a recipe based on ingredients I had. It goes a little something like this:

1 cup strawberries (I use frozen, but whatever you prefer is fine)
1 cup almond milk
2 juice plus capsules ( that's how I sneak veggies in, although I hear a lot of folks are actually putting spinach in their smoothies. I'm not there yet.)
1/2 cup yogurt (frozen, Greek, whatever you like)
1 packet cocoa powder ( I simply must have a little chocolate in my day)

Blend all ingredients together for a yummy, vitamin-packed treat.

It was delish!

I just made tacos for lunch. Another sucess, although I am going to make them a little differently next time.
Happy Sunday, friends!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummmmmo! I made a smoothie for lunch yesterday!
Now we have another thing to do when Ty and I visit: make healthy food for the fishermen! Ha! Love it!

About Me said...

Just try the spinach! I swear you won't taste it. Even my picky eater husband said it was good. And I love the color.

Mrs said...

Real food, not too much, mostly vegetables. I wish I could follow this more faithfully!

Smoothie sounds delish!