Before I heard about sweet Ava on Sunday, I was planning on writing about our church searching experience. As you know, Summit has been our church home for the past three years. Never have I felt so fed, so ministered to at a church. I was sad to leave it when we moved, but I know that God can put you in new situations, new environments so that you can grow and learn even more.
We are partial to non-denominational churches. As a little girl, I went to a little baptist church down in Tampa, and while I learned the basics of Christianity and gave my heart to the Lord, I didn't have a clue about how to apply it to my every day life. Yes, I was five, but still. I wanted more.
Our church needs are a little different as a young family. We want a place where we can minister and be ministered to, but there are also some new basics. I need a nursing mother's room. Ben would like a church that's not too small, and I would like one that's not horribly big.
Anyway, enough with my laundry list. We tried out a church on Sunday morning, right on the river. Oh, how good it felt to be in church! It's been so long! The message was on asking for God's help in times of uncertainty. I'll take it! My life has been nothing if not uncertain this year. A lot of my worry stems from just not knowing what's going to happen (Ben's job, our place of residence, and about 17 other worries sprung up this year). The key is to TRUST that God will not leave me, that He has this. He's got the three of us right where He wants us. Why have we gone through so many difficult changes this year? Well, to grow, of course. Growing is not easy. It's painful. But so is being stagnant. My biggest challenge has been to give my worries over to Him ( Daily! Hourly!).
While I don't know if this will be the church we grow old in (we're trying another on Sunday) I thank God for giving me a reminder of what I need to be doing.
I pray that you all have a blessed week, free of worry and filled with hope.
2 comments:
Story of my LIFE. At least my life in the past year, anyway. I know what it's like. I'll pray that you find the right church!
I prayed for these exact things this morning!
Post a Comment