I am way too contemplative for only sleeping four hours last night.
I am working for my mom again. I have to, because I need some more dental work done, and it's either doing advertisement and PR work for her or shelling out $2500 for a new tooth, and I just don't have that kind of money. I have always liked to work hard. Seriously. I am not one of those people who just wants to sit around all day. There are things to be done. Of course, now that I am a mother, I have an entirely different perspective on hard work, as I'm sure every first time mother does. My days start at 2 a.m. some days. Some days I don't get to wash my hair. Sometimes I walk around with spit up on my shoulder and don't have a clue as to how long it's been there. And guess what? I love every second of my new life. Love it. The problem is, I am getting so many negative comments from people that "expected more from me". No worries, every one of my blog readers (well, I actually don't know everyone who reads my blog, but most of you) have been so encouraging and kind and I thank the Lord for you. But relatives, select others tell me that I am wasting my life by staying home with my not yet six month old blessing baby. My response to them is this: Why is this any of your business? There. Sorry. I don't want to be mean. But my husband and I make the decisions for our family, with help from the Lord, and I get so frustrated when others try to trample on that. Christians are supposed to encourage and edify one another, not belittle or bad mouth others because their decisions aren't identical. I know I have touched on this before, and I was naive to think this wouldn't come up again. So let me clarify: I love my life. I love that my husband works so hard so that I can stay home with our son that took us two and a half years to conceive. If you don't agree with my decision, please keep it to yourself, because I am happy, and I know I am doing the right thing for my family right now.
Don't get me wrong. If a woman wants to work, I totally support that. I loved teaching, loved working five days a week. I know I will do it again. My dream is to run a private school some day, and my children will go there. That's one of my dreams. But for now, I am 100% content with spending my days cooking, cleaning, and changing diapers. I am just going to assume that those that bad mouth my choice are just jealous of my fabulous family and my fabulous life.
There, I'll be nice now.
4 comments:
You're doing exactly what I hope to do when I become a mother. I can't imagine having to leave my baby every day to go to work! Even if it was a stay at home job, I think it would be way to stressful for me to have to worry about a baby and work.
You are so sweet,thank you :) I know some day you will make a fabulous mother :)
Why is it any of their business, indeed???
Angela, it looks like you're well on your way to not taking the opinions of others personally. Brav-o.
You're amazing, and you are loved!
PS He's here!
Way to stand up for your family!
I admire you so. :)
Post a Comment