Thursday, September 16, 2010

Protein Is Your Friend

I eat lunch at around eleven. I know, that's horribly early, but my days start very early, so by eleven I am usually quite ready for lunch. 
Today I made a yummy egg omelet. I am a big fan of eggs for meals other than breakfast. I don't know why. They're just really tasty, there are so many ways to dress them up, and they're healthy. 
Today my omelet consisted of:
2 large eggs
1/4 cup 2% mozzarella cheese
3 thinly sliced turkey slices
2 tablespoons mild salsa


This meal is one of my favorites. Lots of protein, very tasty, and the whole thing only had 300 calories. Not bad for an energy packed lunch. 



4 comments:

Raquel said...

Mmm...I never thought to put salsa in there! I'll have to try it...

agable said...

It's great! I can only handle mild....lol

Unknown said...

That looks soooo yummy! I love salsa with omelets!
Great smoothie idea, too! I was just thinking today about how you love fall. I may bring something fall-themed next week? :)

agable said...

I DO love fall :) Of course, you may bring anything fall-themed! Sounds fun!