Looks like we found our new home. It's a little on the smaller side, and it doesn't have a dishwasher (really only a problem for me) but it's going to work out for us. Plus side? It's got a gorgeous backyard. And by gorgeous I mean big. We are nervous but also really excited. We're going to rent it for a year, but the owner is willing to sell, so we might be able to make them an offer next year.
Our next two weeks are going to be pretty hectic.
I have to:
~ Get our background checks approved ( not a problem, we just have to pay $60 to the landlord).
~Pay a deposit
~Pay first month's rent
~Rent a moving truck
~Pack and move everything
~Try to sell old loveseat
~Try to sell Ben's truck
~Find good home for Lucky
~Clean old place top to bottom
~Take a bunch of things to Goodwill
~Put forwarding address on our mail (in two weeks)
~Return keys to front office
~Clean new place top to bottom
~Get settled in new home
So, if you don't hear as much out of me for a couple of weeks, it's because I have a pretty long to-do list. I can't wait to post pictures!
6 comments:
Hooray, hooray, hooray!!!
Our hanging out can revolve around cleaning or something else on this list. Not a problem. :)
Hey- a tip for getting a good price on a moving truck: Get two quotes from two different companies, then cancel the highest price, and when they ask you why you're canceling, say "I got a better deal from ---." They'll lower their price, and you can go back and forth until one says they can't go any lower! My mom did that and saved $600 from the first quote!
Praying for you in this hectic and exciting time!
That's so exciting for you guys! I would mark off "clean new place top to bottom" cause a good landlord rents a pre-cleaned house!
I'm so happy for you guys! The place we rented our first year didn't have a dishwasher either. Make sure you have a nice padded rug to stand on at the kitchen sink ;). I can't wait to see pictures! And don't stress about all that you have to do... it will get done!
Thanks, guys! I am so excited to be in an actual house rather than another apartment.
Katie, thanks for the tip about the rug! What a good idea!
And Raquel, wonderful advice!
Jess: I'd gladly take a break from packing for a visit from Logan's godmother :)
Taking your list before the Lord! I wish it weren't so crazy at the W house right now. I'd love to tackle it with you!
Post a Comment