Well, I went to the dermatologist this morning. I have been having a plethora of skin issues recently, most likely due to nursing. Breakouts galore. Although, that's not what brought me in this morning. I'm not horribly concerned with my looks these days. I've been concerned about a cyst under my eye, and an even bigger cyst on my shoulder blade. I'm not a doctor. When I see something weird growing on me, I have it checked out. I've had these two cysts for about four years, but I never really cared until I had Logan. Now I want to do everything I can to make sure I'm healthy. I need to be around for a long time.
Well, the good news is, the cysts are just pockets of garbage, so to speak. They won't hurt me. The doctor said she cannot remove the one under my eye, due to it's delicate location. My options are either to go to a plastic surgeon or to leave it alone. I choose option B. I'm not about to spend that kind of money for an aesthetic issue. She said she could cut open the cyst on my back, but that I wouldn't be able to use my right arm for a few weeks. Also not an option.
She gave me a bunch of prescriptions for my post natal breakouts, but she also said I could use similar over the counter products. I think I'll just do that.
The good news is, I'm healthy, skin cancer free, and she said she can tell I am very good about sunscreen :). I guess I just have to keep up the good work.
1 comment:
How can she tell you use sunscreen? I guess that's why she's the doctor and I'm not. I'm glad you're cancer free. :-)
Post a Comment