Wednesday, August 18, 2010

To-Do Lists

I am a big fan of to-do lists. They got me through college, got me through my first real job, and they are now getting me through this wonderfully exciting and exhausting process of moving to a different city.
I have about 17 things to do today. I'm not trying to sound important. It's just that there really are at least 17 things that need to get done. Playing on the Mac is not one of them, but I am doing so while eating breakfast, so I tell myself it's okay.
Apparently, if we go ahead and turn the power and water on at the new house, we can have it as soon as Saturday. That's a good deal. We weren't supposed to have it until the first. The problem is, no one really likes helping me over the phone, because I sound like a 12 year old playing around on her mom's cell phone. I get a lot of "sweeties" when I do business over the phone. This annoys me some.
I had to take a break from the beloved to-do list yesterday. A horrible optic migraine kept me from wanting to do anything other than cuddle on the couch with my sweet boy. Poor Ben. He came home from a 13 hour day only to discover that the van needed a new $150 alternator. Grr. His to-do list is a little longer than mine, I think.
I have decided that I am going to have a GREAT day today, getting everything done without complaining. As long as the evil migraine doesn't appear again, that might just happen. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Migraine = the worst!
Praying it stays away for good!

I love lists; ready to check some things off with you tomorrow!

Mrs said...

Hope you had a GREAT day, whether you completed your list or not!

I'm definitely a list person, too. If it isn't written down, it doesn't exist!

Raquel said...

Post pictures of your new house! :)