Saturday, July 31, 2010

Turning the Bad Into Good

It has been the type of week that I would like to forget. So many things didn't go the way we planned. I'm trying to put a positive spin on this all, so here goes:
1. We got fined by the city because Lucky's new owner let her out, her tag traced back to when we had her, and Lucky is back. 
1. Ben gets his dog back and that makes him happy. 
2. I got pulled over. 
2. Thank the Lord, the policeman let me off with a warning.
3. We spent 5 hours waiting to get new tires put on the van. 
3. We spent 5 hours together as a family in an air conditioned waiting room, and we got a 20 % discount for our time being wasted.
4. Our car now will not start. 
4. Ben gets to flex his mechanical brain to learn how to fix our van. 
5. My phone broke. 
5. I will be getting it fixed for free. 

So much more has gone on, but I don't feel like typing it all. 

However, some really good things happened this week as well, so I can't leave them out. 
1. I got to talk with my friend Jenna. I haven't gotten to do that in years. We might get to do lunch next week.
2. Logan did so well at his check up. My little 14 pounder is as healthy as can be. 
3. Logan and I got to see our friends Cari and Sarah, and all of their adorable kiddos :)
4. My photo cd came in the mail :)
5. My dear friend Jess stopped by for a visit yesterday. That was a treat!
6. I got to swim with my friend Kit on Wednesday. So fun.
7. Looking at the above posts, I can pretty much say that I have the best friends around. 
8. Tomorrow is August 1, which means we have one more month! :) :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love!
I'm sorry your Saturday didn't go as planned! And I'm sorry about the Lucky fiasco. How could you have known?
Good thing you have a mechanically savvy husband!
And you have an adorable baby. That always helps. :)
Praying for you! I know all these things so easily add up and overwhelm!