I have come to realize that I love sugar way too much. It's all I want to eat. Therefore, I need to nip this habit in the bud.
When I was pregnant I developed gestational diabetes. That made me more cautious about my sugar intake. But right after I gave birth, I went right back into my pattern of chocolate, pop tarts, you name it, all the time. When I'm stressed, I don't crave chips or french fries or anything like that. Give me a handful of chocolate chips and I am a happy lady. But my body is having a hard time processing so much sugar, and I have been advised to give it up. This will be difficult, but I am willing to give it a try.
I am hoping that if I change my diet, my body might start to feel better. I would love to have glowing skin, a better mood, and lots of energy (wouldn't we all?).
I don't even know where to begin though. Do I stop eating sugar all at once, or do I gradually replace it with healthier foods? I don't know. I'll have to see what I can do.
5 comments:
Oooo! I need a sugar detox, too!
I think the key (one of them, at least) is to cut out processed sugars. Allow yourself fruit and other natural sugars, but be more strict about added sugars. Especially cut out corn syrup and HFCS. I've been needing to do this, so maybe we can hold each other accountable. :) I'm going to try and avoid anything that has sugar (or a substitute form) in the ingredient list if it's over 4 grams - 1 tsp. a serving. (It's okay if the sugar occurs naturally; I'm talking about ADDED sugars.) Plain greek yogurt with fruit is a delicious "sweet" snack. :) Definitely my favorite right now.
Okay, I guess I could have just emailed you.
I will anyway. :)
We can definitely hold one another accountable. I really want to try Greek yogurt, but every time I go grocery shopping I forget about it.
Coupons on fageusa.com!
Okay, so I'll get on this tomorrow. That piece of pound cake was just calling my name. ;)
I've been good about everything else though.
I hear you, girl. I had ice cream earlier, and not just a little bit...lol
However I did just go to the store and I was able to find some healthy, sugar free meals and snacks. Now if I can make myself choose them over the chocolate, I will be in good shape :)
Post a Comment