Thursday, January 21, 2010

59 Days......

and counting! Logan is officially due in 59 days, but if he decides to arrive a little early, I won't mind. 
It's true what everyone says. The third trimester really does seem like the longest! I will be 36 weeks on February 22, so anytime after that is fine with me :) Ben and I get to tour the hospital on Sunday, so hopefully that will help familiarize us with the layout. 
When Ben and I had lunch today, he said he had gotten a call from a Hydraulics company. I said "Wow, congratulations!" and he then got a funny look on his face. He said that the job is located in the one place in America that I said I'd never live : Daytona Beach. God has a sense of humor. I had indeed (just last week) told Ben that I didn't think I could live there, due to many negative childhood memories I have blocked out. But I am going to be supportive, and maybe this is a good thing. I'm sure not all of Daytona is, as I have always called it, "the Devil's armpit". Ben has no problems with it whatsoever. He's got the racetrack, the beach, and bike week. He's set. :) I just need to realize that just because I have really bad memories of a place doesn't mean I can't make new, pleasant ones there.
Our next step will be finding an interview outfit for Ben. He's so little, so he can't really borrow one from anyone we know. I guess Ross is next on the agenda. 
Thanks again to everyone for the prayers! We are staying positive and believing that God has the perfect job all lined up for Ben, whether it happens to be in Daytona, Dallas, New Orleans, or even here in Orlando (which is starting to sound more and more appealing :).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Exciting! Thanks for keeping us in the know! :)

Prayers and love to you.
<3

Mrs said...

Oh Angela, I just had to laugh when I read this! In 1995 I wrote in my journal, "I feel like we're moving out of state. I hope it's anywhere but Florida." =D

Prayers for you both as you continue trusting in Him!

agable said...

I am learning never to say never...lol
Ben went to hand in his application this morning and they sat him down for an impromptu interview. Everything's happening so fast! I am just praying that Ben gets the job God wants him to have, whatever that may be. We'll just have to wait and see.