I did something today I am not proud of. I am sure we have all had days like this. Work seems to go on forever, things don't go as planned no matter how much you try, you come home to a messy house with bills you forgot to pay, the phone won't stop ringing and the dogs have left some unappealing surprises for you while you were away. This was my day.
When Ben got home from work today, I was STILL on a work call, and was consequently still a little stressed. I could tell just by looking at him that he had had a stressful day as well, and we sat down to a silent dinner. We started "strongly discussing" certain health insurance issues (never a lovely dinner topic) and we both kind of blamed each other for a problem neither one of us could control. Things went back to being silent.
It's so easy to load your stress on to the one you love most. They are the one you see every day and they get to see the very best and the very worst sides of you. My goal for this week is to channel my frustrations into something positive. I really do love my husband, and it's not his fault things have been crazy. We just need to remember to trust God with our worries and frustrations when things get a little out of control.
P.S. As crummy as my day was, I am still the happiest woman in the world. Did I mention I am having a SON?!?!?!? Who cares if the house isn't clean. Logan probably wouldn't mind a bit :)
3 comments:
I'm afraid my mom gets the brunt of my moods.
I'm sorry you had a little rain on your parade. Just remember how much God cares about you, Ben, and Logan. He will direct everything to work out for YOUR GOOD!
Reality of work, finances, deadlines, etc. can really make that difficult to believe. We just have to hold onto the fact that it's true!
Love you and your pregnant belly. :)
I love you too Jessie!
You are awesome!
I find it helpful to yell out, "Look out, family! I could rip the head off a kitten today!" Then I get a lot of "eeewwwww" or "noooo!" and I feel a little better. ;-)
So sorry for stressful days, especially when it involves insurance. Don't EVEN get me started on that one!
Much love to all three of you!
Post a Comment