Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Funny How God Works :)

Today did not start out so well. A lot of not so great things happened yesterday, and when stuff happens, I cannot sleep. First of all, a Rottweiler has been roaming the sidewalk without a leash, while his owner just watches. He has attacked both of my dogs twice and I have been afraid for my own safety. It is against the law to let your dog out without a leash, but that doesn't stop some people. I have gotten it taken care of ( I think) but it's still scary.
Secondly, something that I thought had been put to rest came back yesterday. I had made my peace with it and decided to move on an focus on the positive, and not to get quite so upset if one or two people don't like me and say things that are hurtful. Well, things came up, and I took them to heart. I am entirely too human. Ben always tells me that I shouldn't care if certain people don't like me. I know in my heart that I am not a bad person. I try to be a light to those that need it. But it hurts.
This morning, fueled by a lack of sleep, I drove to work with tears in my eyes. I prayed allowed almost the entire time. I just needed to pour this out to Jesus. I have been so stressed about things that I really can't control, and my worst fear is that my stress or something like it will harm my sweet baby. Irrationally, I felt like if I got upset about what happened, if I allowed myself to feel badly, that God would punish me somehow. So I prayed and confessed all of this to God.
The kids had an extended chapel today, and I was sitting in the back, making sure they listened. Well, God works fast, because that message was for me. This amazing woman ( I taught one of her girls last year) was speaking, and every word was like water for my soul. She said " God is not up in heaven, just waiting for you to mess up. He loves you so much. He is absolutely crazy about you. He is not a mean guy who waits for you to act the wrong way and then pounce on you. He loves you so much, that he cheers for you. He weeps for you. He holds you in his hands". I tell you, the tears started flowing. I suddenly did not care that I was at work. God was speaking to ME! How special I felt. It felt like God was taking a warm blanket and wrapping it around my cold shoulders. It is something I experience rarely, but there's not much that can compare. She went on to say that none of us are an accident. God knows the hairs on our heads, even before we are born. I patted my belly and claimed that for my child. God heard my cries on the way to work, and instead of making me sweat it out some more, He blessed me with the perfect message from Him.
It's just too cool not to share with you.

3 comments:

heather said...

That is fantastic, Angela!

And I just can't imagine someone saying hurtful things to you! You are such a sweet person! ;)

Take care! And take your Omega 3s!!

Unknown said...

God truly does smile at the thought of you. :)
I'm so glad you were able to experience His embrace this morning!

I miss you!! I wish it were summer all over again so that we'd have less to do and more time to chat! I miss Fishing Wednesday! :(

And speaking of funny ways that God works...
I needed to hear that today, too. :)

Love you!

Mrs said...

I just had to read it all again and soak it in.

God hardly ever does that for me - only on birthdays, holidays, and anydays. ;-)

I agree about the Omega 3's! Take fish oil if you're not eating fish regularly!