So as you all know, we got back late Sunday night from a gorgeous trip up the east coast. I am going to post pictures in a wordless blog following this one. When I try to put a lot of pictures and a lot of text in the same blog, things get messy...lol.
We spent two weeks driving all over. We visited Washington D.C. Tears literally fell from my eyes as we drove up to this magnificent place. We visited the Smithsonian, we walked up to the capital, we took pictures at the Lincoln Memorial, and had lunch in front of the Washington monument. We drove up to NYC the next day. Ever since I was a little girl one of my dreams has been to visit this city that is so full of life and culture. It blew my mind. Wow.
We drove through New England, camped in Maine for three days, and then made our way back to Virginia, where we hiked up a mountain at Shenandoah National Park (oh, and we ran into a bear, but it was friendly), camped in Williamsburg, and discovered history at its best in Jamestown and Yorktown.
Our last stop was spending a few days in my favorite location on the planet, the Smokey mountains. My grandmother kindly let us stay in her vacant house in Franklin, N.C. The views were breathtaking.
Ben and I had a couple of really good talks on this trip. A lot of things had gone on right before we left, and God gave us this time to work through things. I am also thankful that gas is cheaper this year ;).
1 comment:
Love the pictures! You guys look so relaxed and so . . .not sticky with humidity!
It's also our dream to hit all the spots you've mentioned. Hopefully some day!
Post a Comment