I slipped and drank a diet soda last night :/. Oh well. I'll just get back on the wagon. My quest to rid myself of all the toxic junk I have been consuming is going along well. I have doubled my fruit and veggie intake, and I have decreased considerably the amount of artificial, processed food that I am so accustomed to. Will this do any good? I sure hope so. Obviously, my main reason for this overhaul is to try and get my body back on track so that my uh, female issues will be fixed. I have been researching which foods will help and which will harm during this season of my life. I have read conflicting data, but basically I need to cut my caffeine intake in half, eat organically whenever possible (although I really cannot afford to do that right now), eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, eat protein from sources other than animals, and ditch the sugar as well as the artificial ingredients I am addicted to. I never have smoked or abused alcohol, so there are two things I am already doing right :)
I am feeling much better now that I am taking better care of myself. We'll see what happens.
2 comments:
Angela, this sounds wonderful and like what we all need to be doing! Kudos for slipping once and getting right back on track. Did you notice a difference in your energy after you drank the soda?
I've found that if I have soda now, I crash in the afternoon or I get a sugar headache. It's a great motivator for me not to do it.
You know, Mrs. Rigel is a GREAT one to talk to on nutrition (you mentioned getting protein from things other than animal). I'd be happy to quiz her for you!
No matter, Angela. It's never too late to start afresh. :)
I definitely got off track these last two days. I've been having too much fun! (I stayed away from the fatal chocolate cake yesterday, but then I ate cake with chocolate chips today! Sigh.)
:)
Hope to see you this week!
Post a Comment