Sunday, July 7, 2013

Equal

About a week ago, I was talking to a beautiful friend about her sick mother. My friend expressed her concerns, and I promised to pray for her family.
On my walk that evening, I started praying.

"God, please heal this woman of any and all cancerous cells in her body. Make her completely whole, and protect her daughters from this illness as well."

I got a surprise answer right away, and it nearly made me jump.

"Angela, I love that you are praying for this friend and her family. But I must ask: Why do you believe I will answer  prayers on their behalf and not yours?"

This startled me a little. Okay, a lot.

Oh me of little faith.

I kept praying.

"God, you know my heart. You know it's easier to believe that you will heal others than it is to believe you will hear my personal cries. You know I....feel unworthy. Too far lost. Too messy, too inadequate. This lady I am praying for, she's beautiful."

"You too are beautiful, my child."

"I keep making mistakes."

"More chance for me to shine through you."

This was a pretty productive walk I think. I may not have gotten my cardio in for the day, but I was reminded how far I have to go. I must keep praying for others.
And I must believe that God hears all of our prayers the same.
He is no respecter of persons. He may not answer all of our prayers in the same way, or the same time frame, but he answers them in the best way, every time.

Just something I've been learning lately.




No comments: