Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, friends! I hope 2013 is looking bright for you all so far. 
We had a lovely New Year's Eve celebrating with the wonderful Werner family. So blessed to have them as friends!

I have written so many end of the year half posts, but deemed them too negative to publish. 
I'll just say this: 2012 was a very hard year. Challenging might be a better word actually. 
Yes, challenging. 
There was growth. There were tears shed. We lost my sweet Gran. I had a third miscarriage. We experienced money issues like never before. At times I didn't sleep. Too much on my mind. 

But there was good too. Lots of good. 
My sweet baby turned two and we gave him a big birthday party with his friends. 
We got to go to Disney, Busch Gardens, and Sea World! Thankful to have friends who work for the parks with such generous spirits! 
We got to take a trip with Ben's family up to Nashville. One of my favorite places.
I read 40 + books. I love to read. 
My baby said I love you for the first time.
We remodeled our master bathroom. I love it! 
I found out I have celiac disease, which is a fancy way of saying I can't process gluten. It's been a blessing to have an answer. In the month I have been gluten free, my skin and hair have improved immensely and some uh, female issues have been corrected. Progress!
We had a lovely Thanksgiving and Christmas. 
I got my first tattoo! 
I made several new friendships. So excited to see these blossom. 
We switched to a different campus at church. It's been wonderful. 
My mom got remarried! I now have four new step-siblings. 

The above are not in chronological order. What a year!

My goals for 2013 are few:

Keep praying for God to bless us with a baby. 

Potty train my son.

Throw the best third birthday party ever.

Follow my gluten free eating and hopefully see better results. 

Read more!

Remodel the hall bathroom. 

I'm sure there are more, but that will suffice for now. 

Happy 2013! 

1 comment:

Angela said...

I also have a friend with Celiac , her brother also just found out that he is also celiac. One has to adjust diet. I pray you will get your baby soon! I enjoyed your post.
P.S. I have a give-away in my blog if you have a bit of time please stop by for a visit.
Wishing a wonderful year in 2013!!