I have another post all typed up and ready to go for today. But I'm not going to post it. It was far too introspective and philosophical, and today, I want to have an attitude of joy.
Today, I am thankful for this friend:
This is my dear friend Sarah. Today, I am thankful for her. For years and years I have looked up to her. She's the big sister I never got. I've known her since the ripe old age of 10, and looking back on those formidable years I can see that she's been with me through a lot. We met through our home school group back in the day. I'm about four years younger than she is, but as kids she never made me feel like I was an annoying tag along (though I pretty much followed her everywhere :).
Sarah has talked with me through my angsty teen years, boy trouble, getting married, infertility, becoming a mommy, being a good wife, and many other things. It's easy for me to see how God put her in my life to bless me. When my sweet boy was born she and her sister (another one of my favorite people :) brought us food and presents and just made us feel loved. When I had my miscarriage she left me beautiful books on my door step, books that have refreshed my spirit. Somehow Sarah just always knows.
Today, I am thankful for my friend.
2 comments:
Good friends are a blessing and hard to come by! When you find one, hold them tight and close to your heart! We all need a friend like Sara in our lives!
Oh Angela! The feeling is definitely mutual! You are a huge blessing to me, and I wish we lived a little closer so it would be easier to get together more often. I love you
Post a Comment