Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 8

Day Eight: Today I am thankful for the gift of marriage. I got married early. Not quite 21. Ben and I were highschool sweethearts, and we thought all we needed was love. We dated almost three years when he proposed. I thought life was going to be a cake walk. 
Not so much. Marriage is not like it is portrayed in fairy tales. There will be struggles. There will be quarrels. There will be temptation. There will be naysayers. However, when two people love the Lord, really, really love the Lord, I believe that marriage can be a beautiful thing. A special kind of relationship where two people are much stronger together than they are separately. A sacred place where love can grow. Where ideas can grow. Where hearts can be made stronger and yet tender simultaneously. 
I am thankful for my partner in life, a man I have known for more than two thirds of my own life. A man that sacrifices of himself for me daily. A man that treats me like a gift. I am thankful for this man.  

No comments: