I am a big fan of natural remedies. If I can feel better through simply tweaking a few things in my diet, I'm going to try it. I have been slowly adding healthy foods into my diet, one day at a time. This is only my third week, and wow, the results are great! You may remember that I started making smoothies with raw spinach and various fruits, as well as almond milk. I have kept this up every day, and I am enjoying it! I recently added flax seeds into my diet as well, and the positive changes keep coming. My skin is glowing! Seriously! I have been breaking out since getting pregnant with Logan and later nursing him, but the dietary changes must be doing something, because my breakouts are gone and my skin is literally shining. It's weird, but I like it :) I am still eating sugar, but as I progress with my healthy food choices I find I don't crave it as much. My hope is to not crave it at all soon. But that will come in time. The only down side to all of this is that I now have horrible heartburn, but it's a small price to pay for allover wellness.
Here is my favorite new recipe:
Overnight Oats:
1 packet oatmeal
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon organic flax seeds
cocoa powder (you can omit this if you don't like chocolate. Honey works too, as does agave nectar).
Mix all ingredients together and let sit overnight in the fridge. In the morning you will have a delicious healthy treat!
Have a lovely Wednesday, friends.
1 comment:
Sounds interesting!
This morning I made a protein shake with banana, milk, whey protein, ice, and pinch of cocoa powder - the closest thing to a Starbucks Vivanno smoothie I can find!
Post a Comment