Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Work It Out

I love a good workout. Even as a kid, when I would worry over something, I would strap on my roller blades (hello, 90's!) and skate around the block. I lived in College Park (in a plain house right next to all the gorgeous ones) so I loved skating around or riding my bike while daydreaming about someday living in a fairy tale house like one of the ones in my neighborhood. 
Currently, I still love a good workout. Not really for what it does for my body, but for what it does for my mind. Worried over money? Do some crunches. Worried over a family member? Go for a jog. You get the idea. I'm thankful that I have a healthy outlet to channel my stress into. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't enjoy potato chips....so I need something, and exercise fits the bill. 
I'm thinking of signing up for a 5K run in November. I've never done anything like this, but I'm seriously considering it. I need a distraction from some things that have been going on, some things that are out of my control. I find that when I work out, when I push myself physically, that I don't feel as badly, I feel that I can bring my empathy to a tolerable level. 
I'm a little nervous about training. I really can't lose any weight, nor do I want to. My appetite is already huge due to nursing, lack of sleep, and just being busy. I guess I can always eat more, focusing on protein and healthy carbs. 
That being said, I'm excited for the challenge. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

That definitely sounds like a healthier outlet than pigging out...haha :D

(P.S. clever title ;)