Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just Be Still

2011 continues to be a huge growth year for me. Am I happy about it? Not all the time. Do I know this will be incredibly beneficial when I come through? You got it. The biggest lesson I am learning, again and again every day, is to be still and wait on the Lord. Things are tough. I am dealing with a health issue that I never thought I would deal with. It's embarrassing, I can't talk about it, and I continue to be frustrated that I am not over it yet. But the bright side is, I am praying more than ever that God will take this mess away. I have faith that He will. 
I also have another unspoken, huge heart break over a family member. I have worried myself silly over all of the "what ifs", but I can't do that any more. I need to be healthy, I need to be strong for my beautiful family. God wants me to be still and wait for Him to do more than my tiny hands could do on their own. 
Often, I find myself wondering about tomorrow. The weeks, months, years ahead. Will things turn out the way I hope they will? Will God bless Ben and I with more children, with a home of our own, with a great marriage and family? Well, I believe He will. Last night we went for a walk down at Ponce Inlet. L and B went on ahead because I needed to use the restroom before our walk ( I have the bladder of a two year old). As I was walking back to them, I saw this image and I felt like it was all the confirmation I needed that things will be okay. 


That, my friends, is a beautiful sunset being enjoyed by two of God's greatest gifts to me. I was praying right before I took this picture. I said "Lord, I need to know that it's going to be okay". And then I see this. The husband that I prayed for, the child that I longed for for so long. Yes, dear ones, I believe we will be just fine.

3 comments:

Mrs said...

Love you, sweet one! So thankful you are able to recognize the goodness of God. How He loves you!

Christy C said...

Our God is so big,
so strong and so mighty,
There's nothing our God cannot do,
for YOU!

I love that song, cuz it reminds me that I don't need to be afraid of things which are bigger than I can handle.

"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?"
Isaiah 40:12

MY God, that's who!

Unknown said...

Chrisy is right; sometimes children's songs have the best theology!
I love you, and I'm praying for you!