So far, 2011 has been a year of trust for me. If 2010 was the year of worry, 2011 is a year of learning how to banish those worries with trust.
Warning: I'm about to get a little personal, a little spiritual. Don't read on if you're looking for something light.
I decided that I don't want to waste any of my time on worry this year. It's draining, it's not at all productive, and I just don't want it in my life. Every morning when I spend time with the Lord, He has been blessing me with passages on trust. Trust does not come easily to me, so fully relying on the Lord is such a challenge. But I'm doing it. Slowly but surely. And you know what? I feel oddly liberated. No matter what the worry, God's final answer to me is to TRUST that He works all things out for good for those that love Him.
For example, this month alone we have gotten some unexpected, somewhat scary bills. Bills that seem to have come out of nowhere. The old me would have wasted days worrying over why, how, etc. But now I don't want to do that any longer. I got out the calculator, managed things for the rest of this month, and paid the bills. At first I doubted that I could even understand things enough to take control of this situation. I suppose it would have been easier for me to hand things over to the hubs, let him take care of it all. But I'm learning that I don't need to fear this kind of stuff. God's got my back.
Choosing not to worry is a moment by moment thing. As a wife, a mother, etc., I have found that there will ALWAYS be something to worry over if I so choose. But that's just not a good way to live, not a good example for my son. I want him to see his momma as strong, as someone who strives to make the best out of life. I don't want him to see me modeling worry every day.
I can't control everything. I can't make things better for everyone. I'm not Jesus. What I can do is be smart about things, work as hard and as diligently as I can for my boys, and pray for God to pick up where I leave off. I TRUST that this is going to be a year of blessings for us. I am so excited to see what God is going to do in our lives this year. Stay tuned, friends.
4 comments:
It may sound out there, but worrying is an addiction just like food, drugs, or alcohol. It prevents you from doing what you were meant to do. People use it as a crutch, an excuse. That's not how God expects us to live. So push through your fear and good luck with this new year!
You so make me smile, Angela. I love you. Thank you so much for sharing this... Trusting God is something I've been learning over and over and over these past 2 years or so. Seems like every time I learn to trust Him with one thing, I have to learn it all over again with something else. He's definitely been growing me in that area though, and I know He has been growing you too. :) You encourage me so much.
Love, hugs & prayers <3
This may be an odd comment coming from a total stranger, but I have learned that God answer's prayers in many ways, through many people. Let me explain, in taking some 'me' time while my 2 boys were sleeping this afternoon I decided to try the 'next blog' button. After two clicks it lead me to your page, and as a fellow Christian, I was immediately captivated by your sweet words. Thank you for being a mirror of God's love, reminding others, like me, that life is not about controlling. My husband and I have been facing some difficult changes recently and worry and control have been the biggest struggles with me. I too spend my time with God asking for the ability to develop greater faith, trust, and love. Thank you and hope you don't mind if I repost! God bless!
Angela, well said!
~Beth Anne
Post a Comment