It's the last day of the year, and boy oh boy, what a year it has been! I was thinking this morning that 2010 has been the most difficult, yet most joyous year of my life. Here's a recap of what's gone on this year:
January: Ben lost his job on New Years Day. Thankfully, he was able to find a job within a week, but it meant a two hour commute every day and a significant pay cut. Still, it was something to get us through. I also lost my job during this time.
February: I had an abscess tooth while 8 months pregnant. Incredibly scary, yet God provided me with a way to get it operated on for no cost. I also had two baby showers in February, and was reminded of just how much God provides for His children.
March: I turned 25! I became a mommy to my boy! March 22nd was the longest, most painful, yet most gratifying day of my life. Seeing my child for the first time was like nothing else. I also got a beautiful niece, Merci!
April: Time with L. Learned what truly being sleep deprived is like. Became quite thankful for anything more than an hour of sleep at a time. Fell more and more in love with my baby boy every day. Celebrated our first Easter with L.
May: My first Mother's Day. So awesome. Found out my brother and his wife were expecting.
June: More of the same.
July: Threw a bridal shower for my dear friend, Em. Celebrated Independence Day with my boys. Got a new nephew, Micah.
August: Went to Destin to be a bridesmaid in Em's wedding. Loved seeing her so happy. Went camping with my boys. Moved to our house at the end of August.
September: Learned my way around our new town. Met a few moms that live in the area.
October: L's first Halloween! Dressed him up like a pirate. :)
November: Ben turned 25. L's first Thanksgiving. My little brother turned 19.
December: L's first Christmas. Celebrated 5 years of marriage with Ben. Got a new nephew on December 30th.
What a year! Yes, it's been difficult, but looking back, I see how God has been right beside us during everything that's happened this year. I am praying that 2011 will be a year of joy for my family. I DID make a few resolutions, because I like the idea of starting fresh for a new year.
in 2011 I resolve to:
~Quit worrying over issues that are not in my control.
~Stop eating so much sugar. I really need to get a handle on this.
~Be content. I am NOT going to waste any more energy wishing I had what someone else has, or wishing my life was more like so and so's. God gave me MY life, and I am thankful for it.
~Smile more.
~Get L on a schedule. Yeah, we still aren't sleeping through the night.
~Find a church home in our new town.
I have more, but I'll leave them for another time.
I pray that you all have a blessed, prosperous, joyous new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment