Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Three Months

Dear sweet baby boy,
You are three months old today! Three months ago, I was wired up to a hospital bed, listening to your heart beat, worried out of my mind that you just weren't going to come out. Yet here you are, wiggling in my arms and ready to explore. I have had so many wonderful times with you already, and I know there are many more to come. My heart leaps when you coo at me, smile at me, or even just look me in the eyes. When you looked at me and said "mama" last week I thought I would melt. 
I know I tell you this every day, but I am honored that Jesus chose little old me to be your mom. It's a privilege and I do not take it lightly. More than anything I just want you to grow up to be a strong, kind, loving man of God. I want you to be like your daddy, in that you put God first in your life. When you truly do that, all of the rest will fall into place. I am learning that. He loves you, and you can tell Him anything.  
I love that you and I are reading together now. I have always been an avid reader, and I take great joy in getting to share one of my loves with you at such a young age. So far, your favorite book is Where the Wild Things Are. I think you like the pictures. 
I love you, sweet baby Logan. Thank you for the most meaningful three months of my life. I know the best is yet to come.
~Mommy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tears! So beautiful!
As much as you are blessed to be Logan's Mama, he is blessed to be your son. :)

Raquel said...

Aw! Happy birthday sweet baby! :)