Wow, I don't even know where to begin. It looks like Ben is definitely going for this Daytona job, as long as he can work out a salary negotiation with the owner. We woke up early this morning and drove to the Daytona shop, and Ben impressed them with his mad skills :) I stayed in the truck and read a magazine. The cool thing is, it looks like they are willing to offer not only health insurance, but dental and vision as well. This is good.
I was surprised that it took us less than an hour to get from Winter Springs to Daytona. After his interview, we drove around the city for a while and looked at some houses. It's not as bad as I had originally thought. There are some cute homes for sale.
I'm not sure when we will find out if Ben gets the job, but Ben said today that if they offer it to him and are willing to give him a decent salary (after all, we've got another mouth to feed :) then he is going to take it. I'm scared but at the same time I know that if this is the right thing for our family, we need to trust God's plan and do this in good faith.
In other news, we took the hospital tour yesterday. Never have I seen so many pregnant women in one room! Woo! I admit, I took a little pride in the fact that my belly was the biggest :). That's because I couldn't get an appointment for a tour until this late in the game. The tour answered a lot of our questions, yet left us with a few more. It looks like we have a pediatrician for Logan in the hospital, which is a blessing. I made sure that they take Aetna. However, if our insurance changes in the next couple of weeks, I have no idea what we will do. I still need to give them the name of his pediatrician for after we leave. Apparently they will not let you leave the hospital without the name of a pediatrician you plan to use. Hmm....I saw where I will deliver and recover, where the three of us will stay for two days, and learned that circumcision is very expensive...who knew?
Yesterday evening Ben's grami called and said that she bought us a car seat for Logan. Yay! She got us the one we registered for, and it fits babies from 5 lbs. to 40 lbs. I am so excited! She had it shipped to our house. I can't wait to get it :)
I guess that's all for now. I really would like to go to sleep at some point. I don't know if I can with everything going on, but I sure would like a few hours of shut eye.
5 comments:
Wow, sounds busy! At least you don't have to go through the whole process of selling a house. That's NO FUN!
Praying for wisdom for the G family! Can't wait till March!
Woah! Life is a whirlwind for Ben, Angela, and Logan! I'll be praying for this job situation. I like the fact that it's not too far! One hour is not bad! ;)
Hospital tour sounds like fun! It cracks me up to think you of, little Angela, with the biggest belly! :D Yay for you!
It's so hard to have pregnancy hormones on top of such uncertainty, isn't it? I know this for SURE though - you can trust God through the leadership of your husband. Stephen and I were talking today about what a jewel Ben is to any company, and who wouldn't want to snatch him up?!?
I would love to go house hunting with you in Daytona! Pick me! Pick me! And Jess! LOL
Hi! I ran across your blog by just clicking the next button. How cool is that? Congratulations on your pregnancy. We are also a Christian couple in the Sunshine State that prayed long and hard for a baby and are finally pregnant! Kudos to you and your decison to be a stay-at-home mom! It's so exciting to find others that believe that way! I will pray that things continue to go well for you and your pregnancy.
Thanks so much to all of you for your constant support and encouragement.Mrs.-Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head! I have not been sleeping, so everything seems like a much bigger deal than it is. Emotions are at an all time high. I just continue to pray every morning that God will provide for us and be our rock during uncertain times. I know so many are in the same boat that we are, so we are not alone, even if it feels like it at times. God will not leave us nor forsake us. Not now, not ever. I find great peace in this fact.
Oh, and you are welcome to house hunt with me! I like looking at houses. So fun :)
Post a Comment