I had an OB appointment this morning at 8:15. I was so nervous! I left the house way too early because traffic is yucky that early in the morning. I got there way too early and sat and pretended to read parenting magazines. Everything went so well though! They took my weight and blood pressure (my blood pressure was high, but it's because I was worrying too much. I need to stop that). They also tested my urine for sugars, but I passed and everything was good. They then took me into a room, where I had to wait for about half an hour. I used that time to write down any questions I still had. The nurse practitioner came in and explained that she would be conducting the visit today. She said that my OB had quit because of health issues, and I will now have a female OB, which could be a blessing in disguise. She said I will get to meet her at 25 weeks. I asked her a lot of questions, which she was very helpful in answering, and then she listened to the baby's heartbeat, which she said was perfect. She said that the best advice she can give me is to stop all of the worrying. She said that I am in perfect health and that the baby is going to be just fine. My belly is growing right on schedule and she's pleased. In 20 days we get to find out the baby's sex. I am so excited! I took one of those intelligender tests a while ago and it said boy, but she said that is not a very reliable test and that the ultrasound will let me know.
I am so pleased with how well everything is going. I feel God watching over me and Baby Gable in a way I can't even describe. Thanks so much to everyone for the countless prayers and words of encouragement.
2 comments:
20 days = so soon!
So glad your appointment went well! My alarm went off to pray for you right on schedule. :)
Homework pending, I'd love to do something Saturday morning/early afternoon-ish. I have to baby sit at 2:30, so if I can get all my work done, then maybe we can go to a pumpkin patch. That sounds splendid!
20 DAYS? I don't have that kind of patience! =) I'm so glad everything went well!
Post a Comment