Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Diet Soda

I have decided that I am going to attempt, once again, to give up my diet soda habit. I have attempted this in the past and was unsuccessful, but I am trying again. I ran out of soda the other day, and instead of rushing out to buy more, I thought "How bad would it be if I were to stop buying it?". So we will see. I have been drinking it since I was a teenager. Sugar wasn't popular in our home, so I realized how sweet a diet soda could taste. I guess I liked it a little too much. All through college I had a five or six can a day habit. I am embarrassed to be admitting that, but I can't change if I don't tell the truth. I am now down to one a day (although yesterday I slipped and had two). I am hoping that my health improves. I have been trying to eat more natural foods and clear out a lot of the processed junk that I have become so accustomed to. Diet soda (as well as regular soda) has so many chemicals that are probably doing more harm than good to my body. Also, I have not been helping the environment at all with all of the aluminum cans that have been dumped into a landfill because of me. And thirdly, I am hoping to save some money by not buying soda so much.
I hope my efforts stick this time.

No comments: