Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday Morning Thoughts

I'm just about to spew some random information down, because it's Saturday and I am up too early again.
-My gran broke her nose two days ago. She was out to dinner at a nice restaurant and tripped on a root on the way to her car. She will be fine though. She's a tough cookie. And she didn't trip because she's old. I told her on the phone yesterday that her fiasco sounds like something that would happen to me.
-One of Ben's eels jumped out of the tank yesterday, just a few minutes before I had to go to work. I was the only one home and was really scared. That thing was like something out of a horror movie. I put on my boots, my winter gloves, and long pants and picked it up. I flushed it down the toilet. I still cannot use the bathroom, because I am not sure I flushed him all the way down....lol
-I only have four more weeks of work left, which is bittersweet to me. I have grown so attached to my students and don't want to have a summer break. I'm sure they do though.....
-I am going to Maine right after I am done working for the semester. So excited! Ben's even more excited than I am.
-I ate a chocolate donut at work yesterday and STILL feel sick. It's so weird. I only ever eat glazed donuts, but my coworker brought in chocolate ones, and she was pretty set on me eating one..so I did. And I have to say that from now on I think I will stick to the plain glazed ones. Why mess with a good thing? :)
I think that's all for now. Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Eck! The eel JUMPED out of the tank? Oh man, I think I'm going to be nervous about coming to visit you! Doesn't he have three more? ;)

agable said...

Lol Yes! He does! I was traumatized. But you should still come over some time :) I promise to protect you from the scary eels :)

Mrs said...

You flushed him instead of putting him back in the tank?

And your writing is so wonderfully random at 5 am!

agable said...

haha! He was dead....I think.

Mrs said...

Angela, you keep deleting posts before I can comment on them! Good thing my Google Reader keeps them for me until I read them!

I am praying for you, my dear friend. I wish you would re-read the words you'd written about God working in your hurting family members, then say THAT to them! God has given you such wisdom. I will pray for Him to allow you to sympathize without internalizing. You're far too petite to carry such weight on your shoulders.

I love Ben, too. :-) And you DO deserve him. Obviously your Abba Daddy thought so!