Sunday, December 21, 2008

Psalms 147:3

I wonder how God can use the broken. I know He can, and He does. Pastor Isaac was talking today about how God doesn't need to wait for you to get your problems in order before He can use you. Sometimes I doubt this though. My head is so cloudy. I want to be a good witness to others, but I don't always practice what I believe. I let my feelings take precedence to what I know is right. I struggle with jealousy. I do. I know I should be thankful for what I do have, but there are certain things that still break my heart. I want to be genuinely happy for my neighbors, but my heart usually gets the best of me. I am broken in many ways. I do not know how to get out of this despair. Psalms 147:3 says that the Lord heals up the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. I wish He'd hurry up with mine, I'm over it.

1 comment:

Mrs said...

Have you ever thought of trials like baking a cake?

If we were to bake a cake, but half way through the baking we'd stop and decide to finish baking it later, it wouldn't come out right.

Trials are like that. We can't stop in the middle of a trial and expect to come out right! We must endure all the way through in order to be of use to the Father.

Besides, I certainly wouldn't want you walking around half-baked, Angela! ;-)

God certainly uses the broken. However, He may not use this time in your life to help others until much further down the road. It's certainly fine to ask Him for a little reprieve, huh? I'm so glad you found the scripture in your next post. What a beautiful promise.